TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- These terms and conditions form the legally binding agreement Capital Bedrooms “the Company” and the person agreeing verbally/placing the order referred to as “the Customer”. The Company Registration Number 11196874.
Nothing in this agreement shall affect the Customer’s statutory rights and it is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure all details are correct.
- The company may change these terms upon giving reasonable notice of such changes, in writing to the Customer.
- In the event any work, materials or services are requested by any third party that is not the Legal Owner of the property, they – the Customer,
will be held responsible and liable for the agreement, not the Legal Owner of the property.
What is not included
- Re-decoration, tiling, flooring, and building work of any description or removal/disposal of old units unless specified in the order.
- Disposing of any other waste material, packaging or any unwanted appliances that has not been left by the Company.
- Installation of appliances, plumbing, gas fitting and electrics.
- Remedial work should any damage occur during removal of existing wardrobes.
- Moving of any electrical switches, sockets or control panels, or any other electrical works.
- Check carefully the proposed layout to make sure it is correct and meets requirements (an additional charge may have to be made if you request alternations or any additions to the design once the product has been manufactured).
- Give reasonable access to the premises; this includes allowing some cutting of wood on site.
- If the Customer is to leave the keys to the property with the Company’s contractor/subcontractor, they must notify the Company in writing.
- Notify our technical surveying department of the whereabouts (if known) of hidden pipes or wires that may affect the proposed layout.
- Move any fragile or valuable items, which could be damaged when carrying new units/appliances into the property.
- Shortages or damages should be notified to the company within a reasonable time (up to 5 working days) in writing by email on or after receipt of the goods.
- Empty the room where the units are to be installed: remove any bulky items to make enough space for the Company to carry out the work: failure to do this may result in additional charges for extra days of fitting.
- Should the removal of existing units be included in the order, the Customer is to make sure their belongings are removed from them before the arrival of the Company’s team.
- The customer must supply adequate welfare facilities on-site; this includes but is not limited to the use of toilet facilities. If this cannot be provided, the company will be forced to rent a portable unit and pass the cost on to the customer.
- The Customer acknowledges that the goods are made to order and cannot be resold by the Company as there is no available market. As such, these are made to the Customer’s specifications and pursuant to the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges)
Regulations 2013, Regulation 28(b) they are exempt from the requirement to provide a 14-day cooling-off period.
- Once these goods are ordered, the Customer may not cancel the contract unless the Company agrees, and the manufacturing process of the goods has not commenced. If the manufacture of the goods has commenced, 50% of the contract value will be retained.
- Payment may be made by means of cash or bank transfer.
- The deposit required by the company at the time of order is 50% of the total order value, 35% due on the 1st day of installation and finally 15% on completion.
- Failure to make the 35% payment on arrival of the Company’s team will results in the works being stopped by the Company and in subsequent charges.
- The last payment of 15% must be settled before the fitters leave the property – the Customer has to be present to sign off the project.
- All prices include VAT unless otherwise stated.
- The Company will contact the Customer to arrange installation dates based on the latest information supplied to the company by their suppliers, and therefore can be subject to change.
- Any last-minute changes made to the content of the order may impact on the delivery date.
- If the Customer is unable, for whatever reason, to take delivery of the goods on the confirmed delivery date, the Customer must notify the company beforehand otherwise the Company reserves the right to charge the Customer for any subsequent delivery costs.
Title to Goods
- The title to and property in the goods shall remain with the Company and shall only be transferred to the Customer when the Customer has paid the Total Contract Sum in full, together with all other monies due and owing.
- We offer a 10-year guarantee on our products and workmanship.
- The guarantee certificate is issued upon the final balance being paid.
- The guarantee includes any possible damage that does not arise through improper use: this means that the Company will deliver a replacement part within a maximum of five weeks.
- The guarantee excludes damage for which the Customer is at fault or environmental damage i.e. the effects of external force or water damage.
- Claims can be made in writing by post or e-mail to the office firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note sliding wardrobe systems are equipped with bottom mounted wheels to ensure smooth and easy operation and carry a 10-year rolling gear guarantee – the tracks must always be kept clean to prevent any damage.
- Any damages which have been caused by misuse of the sliding mechanism will not be kept under the guarantee and will incur extra charges.
- Fillers will be placed 50-80 mm by the walls, 80-100mm fillers on the top, 40 mm by the internal drawers, 100 mm base and possible joints where width/height exceeds 2500 mm.
- Variations may occur in the colour and tone of materials due to their composition. The company cannot guarantee exact colour consistency throughout the range of materials used but will achieve this within an acceptable tolerance.
- Some panels are produced in decorative materials – particularly Gloss finishes – and therefore can be easily damaged and should be protected against marking. The Company is not responsible for any marking caused to any panels after installation.
- The Customer is responsible to ensure that where necessary, any planning consents or building regulations are obtained in respect of any goods provided under this agreement.
- All timber products mellow under exposure of time. PVC, laminates and melamine finishes are also subject to slight colour changes over a period of years.
- Colour reproduction in our descriptive literature and renders is as close as reproductive techniques allow.
- The company cannot be responsible for burn marks caused by items in excess of this temperature. Worktops should not be subject to excessive heat or water as this could cause swelling of the joint. The Company strongly recommends the use of a chopping board when cutting.
- Each drawer can hold no more than 30kg of weight.
- Any documents issued by the Company to the Customer at any time containing texts, designs, specifications or drawings are confidential and are the property of the Company and shall not be copied reproduced or communicated to any third party by the Customer, his workmen or agents
without the prior written agreement of the Company.
- By entering this agreement, the Customer hereby assigns and transfers all and any intellectual property rights in any images of the Customer’s goods, property or furniture to the Company and authorises and licences the Company to use, in any of its publicity material, such images.
- If at any time during or after the technical survey there is a structural, technical or costing issue prior to manufacturing, the company or the customer should provide reasons for the issue within 7 days of the survey, verbally and in writing, and both parties have the right to terminate this Agreement. If the company terminates this agreement under these conditions, any deposit paid will be refunded in full. Customers should not undertake work or expense based on this contract until such time as the company has confirmed a delivery date after the technical survey and re-costing has taken place and both parties have agreed on any changes.